Monday, August 10, 2009

The Proposal: February 7, 2009

As I said before in my previous post, I've known Scott for a good bit so I can tell when some thing is up. Scott was riding in the Morpheus parade during Mardi Gras so we decided to go to the Morpheus Ball. (Yes, a real Ball with a King and Queen and pretty dresses, free liquor and great food!) Two of our friends were going to the Ball with us and decided to get a hotel room in the French Quarter. Scott had the not so bright idea of dropping them off at their hotel and then going back to the west bank (20 minutes away) and getting ready then going back to the middle of New Orleans for the Ball. I quickly threw a kink in that plan by telling him it would be simpler for all of us to just change at our friend's hotel room. We dropped our friends off in front of their hotel and went to find a place to park. (If you've been in the French Quarter during Mardi Gras season then you know how hard it is to find a parking spot) I didn't think of it at the time but the hotel had a parking garage.

Anyway, We circled the block a few times and then got to a parking garage a few blocks away from our friend's hotel. The garage manager told us that it was the Hotel Monteleone's garage and we had to be guests. Scott told the manager we were guests and I glared at him for lying. The manager told us the garage was full but there was additional parking on the other side of the hotel. We stopped in front of the Monteleone and Scott says, "Surprise!" At that point I realized that this was the reason he had been acting strange. We checked in and got our bags upstairs and then Scott went back to park the car in the garage.

The room was amazing! It was on the fifteenth floor and overlooked the City and the Mississippi River. It also had a HUGE king sized bed! I got into my dress around the time Scott got back into the room. He pulled me over to the window so he could get a better look at me. (Lightening in an old French Quarter hotel is notoriously dim) I do a little circle and he said he noticed "something" on the back of my dress. After "getting it" I turned back around to find him on one knee holding a little white box.

"What are you doing?" (cue high pitched nervous voice)

"Rebecca, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" (picture Scott on one knee sweating bullets)

"YES!!!"

He then opened the box (clever boy) and I was still in shock (pictures below) Lots of hugs and kisses were exchanged.

I then spent the next 45 minutes alternatively crying and calling family and friends before dancing the night away!

Becca










No comments:

Post a Comment