Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Because I turn 20 today I decided to dedicate a small portion of the blog to me.

I started my 5th semester of college yesterday and had to be up at 7:00 this morning to make my 8:00 o'clock class. CPR & First Aid if you're wondering. I also found out that my college does not want to cover the $30 cost of cpr certification that unless I want to stay after class or come early I will not be CPR certified. So of course I'm going to have to do that. =)

I'm planning on going to nursing school and so far it's just been a pain in the ass. I really wanted to attend MUW (it's a university) for nursing but was wait listed and can't reapply until next august. Then, EMCC (community college) opened the associate program for nursing in the spring (2010) so I'm applying for that in October. (Fingers crossed) If that doesn't work I'm also applying for the LPN program in the summer and if that doesn't work then damn it.

The fiancee started school a year before me in 2006 but he is also getting two degrees and applying for his masters all in 4 years. I feel like I'm waisting my life away. So dramatic. I just turned 20 and already my life is pretty much over! =)

I wish I could just stay in the now and not worry about the future but this is my freaking CAREER! I just want the assurance that I'm accepted into nursing school...

Anyways, I had to work 11-1 and I went into work miserable but the coworkers cheered me up just by being happy and fun. The flowers that were delivered to me mid shift didn't hurt either. Scott's a sweetie pie.

After work I took probably the nicest nap of my life! Then my family came over. I wasn't feeling great so having my brother and sister argue almost the entire time just cut into my mood.

It was nice having them over though. We live in the same town but don't see each other that often (at least not all together. I see my mother and grandmother almost every day.)

Well, It's been a rough, amazing, wonderful, awful 20 first years and hopefully I'll have quite a few more years left in me.

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment